Category: Actionscript 3.0

Back in 2009 I started to code up an AS3 partition (range) slider, that is, a slider with multiple thumbs. Three in fact. It’s not dynamic by any means. There is a Document Class but it’s tied directly to assets …

2009 AS3: Partition Slider Source Read More »

Tagged with: , ,

I don’t partake of the Adobe Flash AS3 code bubbler very much any more, having saddled up with Objective-C and iOS/OS X development a lot more these days. However, I do dabble in AS3 from time to time, generating some … for AS3 Read More »

Tagged with: ,

The past day or two I’ve spent trying to figure out how to get multiple, different MP3s to display some visualization for Sprites that represent them. computeSpectrum was obviously out of the question. I then turned to Sound.extract() to see …

ActionScript 3: Multiple MP3s with visualizer Read More »

My brief travels around Xcode project behaviors after it was kicking me squarely in the balls.

Tagged with: ,

[kml_flashembed publishmethod=”dynamic” fversion=”10.0.0″ useexpressinstall=”true” movie=”” width=”500″ height=”350″ targetclass=”flashmovie”] [/kml_flashembed]

Tagged with: ,

Have you as a developer ever wanted to deploy an Adobe Air application and include files with the installation? Say an XML file for settings and the like? Well, you can include files well enough (to the applicationDirectory), but if …

Adobe Air and included files Read More »

Lest you think that I have come up with the solution to this and you merely look for a download link, I have to let you know that I’ve come pretty close but gave up. I’ll tell you what I …

Software Voice Vowel Detection in ActionScript 3.0 Read More »

It’s been a very long time since my blog has been active. You might say it’s dropped off the radar of probably everyone except those who might be interested in some Objective-C code they have found through a Google search.

I have just discovered the ServerSocket class and I have made an AIR2 (required) server socket application with it. I’ve tested it locally so far (, ) and it seems to be working fine with a regular application I …

I have discovered and it’s sticky sweet. Read More »

I am creating an AIR application that spawns a new window, so there is a main application window and also another window. One can manipulate data in either window, and data is synchronized between the windows. So when I adjust data in the main window, I update the UI and data that’s in the secondary window.