Minuum keyboard concept
This is basically a direct lift of some content I’ve found in regards to a new take on touchscreen (software) keyboard data entry. Go ahead and read the information behind that link and watch the video. Very interesting stuff.
Content that I did not write (from indiegogo):
The Minuum keyboard, through its simplicity, improves your touchscreen typing. Existing keyboards leave you barely enough screen to interact with your apps, and you can’t enjoy typing on them. Minuum eliminates the visual clutter of archaic mobile keyboards by adapting the keyboard to a single dimension. What enables this minimalism is our specialized auto-correction algorithm that allows highly imprecise typing. Your typing on mobile devices is inherently imprecise—and there’s nothing wrong with that. We work with that. By reducing the keyboard to a single dimension, Minuum opens up your touchscreen space for a variety of interaction possibilities—which allows for precision-entry.
Minuum improves mobile typing by:
- Recovering more than half of the usable touchscreen space you lose when you type on traditional virtual keyboards
- Allowing you fast text entry when your typing is sloppy
- Providing you with letter magnification for precise typing—especially useful if you have large fingers
- Giving you the benefit of smart auto-correction
- Respecting your familiarity with the QWERTY keyboard so you don’t have to re-learn the keyboard layout
- Providing convenient access to everything you’d expect in a keyboard (such as, punctuation, space, backspace, and enter) without stealing your screen space
- Letting you type anywhere—with a keyboard you can move around your touchscreen
You will be able to customize the Minuum production release, with options such as: alternate colour schemes to match your smartphone case, curving keyboard layout for more ergonomic text entry, and the ability to rearrange the alphabet to your liking.