Summer is about over, but your Pastis drinking doesn’t need to be. Here are some alternative Pastes-Related drinks to try before the leaves turn.
- La Soleil (The sunshine) – with a dash of Lemon syrup
- La Mazout (Fuel) – with, not even joking, coca-cola (normally asked for by Belgians) – be careful though, in Germany, a Mazout is beer mixed with coca-cola
- Le Velo (Bicycle) – with a dash of Orange syrup
- When you add Grenadine to a pastis, it is called a “Tomate” (tomatoe).
- You can also add mint syrup ; it is called a “Perroquet” (a parrot).
- You can add Orgeat syrup ; its name is the “Mauresque”